Search This Blog

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Interview With A Vampire Soundtrack




Decode by Paramore-

She says “how did we get here, I used to know you so well” in the lyrics and I think Louis thinks that while he is telling the story and realizes how bad what happened between Lestat and Freniere and Lestat and himself. Maybe he asks himself the question of, “How did we get here?” “How did he let Lestat slip and kill Freniere?”

Leave Out The Rest by Linkin Park-
When my time comes, Forget the wrong that I've done, Help me leave behind some, Reasons to be missed, And don't resent me, And when you're feeling empty, Keep me in your memory, Leave out all the rest, leave out all the rest…” This song would be good for when Freniere is getting ready to leave the house, saying bye to his family, and walking or riding his horse to the fight. It tells his family to remember the good times if he should lose the battle.

Monsters by Hurricane Bells-

Deep into the darkness where I hide
The monsters are buried down deep inside
You never know when they're satisfied
Buried down deep where the sun don't shine
The monsters are buried down deep inside…”

From what I have seen in TV shows and movies about vampires, I have gathered they usually think are pretty considerate people. The vampire in them tends to be described as a monster inside of them. I think this excerpt from the Hurricane Bells describes this perfectly.

Dark Side by Kelly Clarkson- 

In the chorus she says, “Everybody’s got a dark side..” This song represents how vampires feel enslaved by what they are. Lestat kills humans but maybe he is jealous of them because he doesn’t want to be a vampire. Being a vampire is his dark side and it takes over him without giving him the chance to think about what is morally right. He acts before he thinks.

Stronger by Kelly Clarkson-

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone…” Babette is forced to become the man in the household when Freniere is murdered. What doesn’t kill her makes her stronger. 



Rice, Anne. <i>Interview with the Vampire.</i> New York: Ballantine Books, 1991. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment