Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Tell-Tale Heart story:

The Suspicious Person

There would always be difficult to make a movie right the same as a written story. This is because there is too much detailed that happened on a written story that would take several hours to watch the movie. People might only sit for a movie that can last at least 2 hours. So that is why on movies we only see the general things that the book provides. An example can be the story of “The Tell Heart Tale” which is a very interesting story to read because what happened to the main character you would not see it in these days but in the past you could have seen that many people would have killed others because of anxiety. I say that these things could have just happened in the past because people might have been different in the way that people would have acted nervous because of terror like what happened to the narrator on the story that says:

Presently I heard a slight groan, and I knew it was the groan of mortal terror. It was not a groan of pain or of grief --oh, no! --it was the low stifled sound that arises from the bottom of the soul when overcharged with awe. I knew the sound well. Many a night, just at midnight, when all the world slept, it has welled up from my own bosom, deepening, with its dreadful echo, the terrors that distracted me.” (Allan Poe)

If we compare this part from the story we can see that in the movie the narrator thing was not feeling terror by anything, the narrator seem to look very calm waiting for the owner to sleep and ready to kill him.

The movie I have watch, which is “Tell Heart Tale” it is not too much detailed like how the written story describes it but it has the same general information that happens on book. Like the narrator is nervous about the white eye, which the owner can’t see, that the narrator comes every midnight to the room on check on how he is. Going more into detail we also can see that in the book it says that the neighbors heard that there was someone shouting so they called the police. 
On the movie it happens the same thing, which the police came in and start looking for investigations. So giving a brief description on comparing the scene and the story is that both have the same similar parts which appear on the book and on the scene. Like h
ow the police discover that the narrator has kill someone was by just asking question right in that moment the narrator got freeze and started putting nervous because he still could hear the beat from the heart which every time was getting higher. 


In my opinion I can say that the narrator did not a good job as he should, I say that I don’t like how he acted because for me it doesn’t look that he has the passion as the narrator from the book explain exactly what was happening in each moment. I say that I can compare that in the movie the person playing the narrator seem always calm in which in the book the narrator was seem for me that he looks always nervous of terror every time he was going to check the owner.  I did imagine that the movie was going to be like it but I didn’t like it much because for me it was kind of slow there were parts in which it seem nothing serious was happening and also there was a mistaken that in the movie there were just two officers and in the story the narrator says : 

There entered three men, who introduced themselves, with perfect suavity, as officers of the police. A shriek had been heard by a neighbour during the night; suspicion of foul play had been aroused; information had been lodged at the police office, and they (the officers) had been deputed to search the premises.” ( Allan Poe) 


I did like the story and I would recommend it to other people. I think the movie has a couple of errors but overall the context of the movie is very good. But I think I would prefer to recommend more the story because it has more details on it than in the movie.

 




The story was written by Edgar Allan Poe in 1843

http://mariamjaustine.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/edgar-allan-poe-the-tell-tale-heart-2.jpg   

No comments:

Post a Comment