Search This Blog

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Crazy Killers


Crazy Killers
Arnau Dachs
Blog #4
Option #3

I am sure that a lot of people, including me is surprised with the quantity of murders and attempts to murders our world is facing. A lot of times I have asked myself what this crazy people who kills other persons have in their minds. Once I had the chance to talk to a guy in Spain that he worked with the police and he said that the crazy killers are the most dangerous of the serial killers because they are unpredictable. The story “The Black Cat” by Edgar Allen Poe talks about a man who is in love with animals. He especially loves his black cat and he ends up killing his wife and the cat. While reading the story I realized that the man was crazy. He killed his wife and the black cat and these are the words he said: “The second and third day passed, and still my tormentor came not. Once again I breathed as a freeman. I looked upon my future felicity as secured.” (Poe 85)
A lot of researchers say that the serial killers first start abusing and killing animals before killing persons. I am going to relate this book with the serial killer In the Steven D. Green, “An ex-soldier convicted of raping and killing an Iraqi teen and murdering her family”. According to another article: “Alleged co-conspirators' recent court-martial hearing revealed that Green had previously set a puppy on fire and thrown the animal off a roof.”
I wanted to relate the book with this case because I think there are some similarities between the narrator of “The Black Cat” and Steven D. Green. The narrator of the black cat hangs the cat first. After that he wants to kill the other black cat and even though his wife is on the way he just kills her and according to the book it looks like he doesn’t have any problems with that. In my opinion, I think that both, the narrator of the story and Steven D. Green, would continue to kill people if they were not stopped by the police because it looked that they both enjoyed killing the victims.

Whatley, Stuart. "Steven Green Spared Death Penalty For Iraqi Rape, Murders." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 21 May 2009. Web. 17 Oct. 2013.
"Animal Abuse and Serial Killers." Animal Abuse and Serial Killers. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Oct. 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment