Search This Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Tell Tale Heart Music


Arnau Dachs
Mrs. Waggoner
Blog #2
November 15, 2013

The story I found more appropriate to do this blog is “The tell Tale Heart” by Edgar Allen Poe. I have chosen 5 different songs that I think they could work as a soundtrack in different scenes of the story

The first song is Fur Elise by Beethoven. I would put that song right in the beginning of the story were the young man talks about how the eye drives him crazy. Since we saw the movie of the short story in class I remember how he was talking explaining it in the beginning in a very creepy place. In my opinion that if you put this song, that is just in the piano, in that context it can turn to be really creepy.



The second song is “The Stalker” by Piebald. I would put that song in the scene where the young man is standing outside of the old man’s room with the door a little bit open and starring at the eye. The music would not make a lot of sense in that scene but the lyrics are perfect for the situation.



The third song is the soundtrack from the movie “Pirates of the Caribbean”. I would definitely put that song while the young man is gets in the room while the old man is sleeping and he just walks slowly and keeps getting closer from him. I would start that song at the 20 seconds because the music volume and the intensity is increasing so that could be that the closer the young man is going the more nervous and the more stressed everything is. The song would help to get that feeling.



The fourth song is the soundtrack from the movie “Psycho”. I chose that one because every time there a scene in a movie or a book that there is a murder I think about that song. In the short story we could relate the song when the old man is killed.



The fifth song is “Heartbeat” by Enrique Iglesis and Nicole Sherzinger. The song says: I can feel your heartbeat running through me. I would put this song in the scene right before the narrator kills the old man because he can hear and feel the heartbeat from the old man that keeps going louder and faster.




No comments:

Post a Comment